Re: [higgins-dev] Custom SSL Socket Factory for JNDI CP

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you asking ...?

1. Will the socket factory be configured independently separately
from the JNDI CP?
No, regardless of which configuration code we use, the setting of
the trust store and other settings (ie. an "ldaps" address) that
cause us to use the custom socket factory are simply specific
configuration settings for the JNDI CP.  Unless [#3].

2. Will the JNDI CP become a configurable component?
Yes, that's in progress.  Actually, I had to defer that effort to create
this custom SSL Socket Factory for our old Identity Abstraction and
so I brought that code forward because we need it in Higgins as well
because the current JNDI CP effects the entire JVM when it's trust
store is configured.  Anyway, next task for me is to get back to using
the common configuration code in the JNDI CP.

3. Could it be commonly configured and used by other components?
Yes, I suppose it could.  Right now it's a singleton but there's nothing
JNDI or LDAP specific about
it except that it's being used solely by the JNDI CP to isolate itself
from effecting the default SSL Socket Factory every other process
in the JVM will use.

4. Something else?

Tom

>>> Anthony Nadalin <drsecure@xxxxxxxxxx> 6/6/2007 4:21 PM >>>

So this would socket factory would be configured by configuration
component ?

             "Tom Doman"
             <TDoman@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "Higgins (Trust Framework) Project
             higgins-dev-bounc         developer discussions"
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             06/06/2007 03:04                                      Subject
             PM                        [higgins-dev] Custom SSL Socket
                                       Factory for JNDI CP

             Please respond to
             "Higgins \(Trust
                Framework\)
             Project developer
               discussions"
             <higgins-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

I have created a custom SSL socket factory for use with the JNDI CP.  This
allows the JNDI configured trust store to be specific to the JNDI CP secure
sockets instead of the store store for entire JVM as it currently is.
Unless this is considered a necessary bug fix by someone, I guess I'll just
check it in to the forked branch.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom