RE: [higgins-dev] Two bug fixes to HOWL(higgins.owl)[nonbreakingchange]

Sergei wrote:

> > Both ComplexValue and SimpleValue are sub-classes of Value. By stating
> the
> > range as Value we allow both possibilities.
>
> Of course, they both are sub-classes of Value. But SimpleValue can not
> have
> attributes (at least ISimpleValue interface doesn't extend IHasAttributes,
> because there is no any sence for SimpleValue to have attributes).

Let's start over here. You originally wrote:
   1. SimpleValue can not contain attributes (only ComplexValue can), so
   it will be more correct to allow the range of higgins:attribute to be
   ComplexValue, not Value.

In addition to cases where the range might be a ComplexValue, I can imagine
a higgins:attribute sub-property that has a range of SimpleValue. Here's
one: eyeColor. An instance of eyeColor would have a domain of <some DS> and
a range of higgins:String. (A higgins:String is a subclass of
higgins:SimpleValue). Thus I maintain that since a higgins:attribute's range
might be a ComplexValue and it might be a SimpleValue, then to allow either
one, it should be specified as Value, the superclass of both.

> Also I have one question about metadata: let's suppose that we have
> attribute with 2 values and one metadata container (higgins:Attribute) as
> it
> was in your example. The question is - what should we do with metadata
> when
> both values were removed from attribute? Should we delete metadata when
> we
> remove last value of attribute?

Yes, I think what you propose is the correct convention.