Re: [higgins-dev] More Shared Configuration Handlers?

Mike,

Okay, that all sounds good to me.  I see the ListHandler now, cool!

Greg,

Any thoughts?  Would you implement these?

1. "htf:reference"
2. "htf:include" (or whatever you wanna call it)

Thanks,
Tom

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/24/2007 07:54:18 PM:

> I just thought of another one.  How about a setting and shared
> handler that allows another component's configuration file to be
> specified so that we don't have to embed everything in one configuration
file?

I agree - been thinking about an "IncludeHandler" for a while.

> Tom

> Greg\Mike,
>
> I'm working through the conversion of our various CPs configuration
> data to the higgins configuration APIs and I think I've come up with
> a couple more shared handlers that would be nice to have:
>
> 1. "htf:mapRef" - This would basically be a shortcut to the map
> named by the string in the specified setting.  Mike may use the
> example below differently than I'm thinking but, if it's just a way
> to get the map key, this shared handler would allow the config to
> look like this:
>
>    <Setting Name="STSKeyStore" Type="htf:keystore">
>       <!-- The type of the Key Store -->
>       <Setting Name="Type" Type="xsd:string">JKS</Setting>
>       <!-- The file that contains the Key Store
   - location
> relative to the Configuration directory -->
>       <Setting Name="File" Type="htf:file">localhost.jks</Setting>
>       <!-- The password for the Key Store -->
>       <Setting Name="Password" Type="xsd:string">changeit</Setting>
>    </Setting>
>
>    <Setting Name="IssuerCertificate" Type="htf:certificate">
>       <!--  The Name of the Key Store that contains the Certificate -->
>       <Setting Name="KeyStoreName"
Type="htf:mapRef">STSKeyStore</Setting>
>       <!-- The alias for the Certificate in the Key Store -->
>       <Setting Name="Alias" Type="xsd:string">leaf</Setting>
>    </Setting>

Actually - a more generic form would be a "htf:reference" - since you
should be able to point to anything, not just a map.

> 2. "htf:vector" - We have some settings in our CPs that are
> basically repeated fields of the same name so it'd be nice to have a
> shared handler that would help with this, for example:
>
>    <Setting Name="Addresses" Type="htf:vector">
>       <Setting Name="Address" Type="xsd:string">ldap://localhost:
> 50389</Setting>
>       <Setting Name="Address" Type="xsd:string">ldaps://localhost:
> 50666</Setting>
>    </Setting>
>
> Do these make sense?  seem useful?

Sort of, I have an htf:list that does this already.