[higgins-dev] Notes from yesterday's Higgins developers call

Attendees
=========
 Alex Amies - IBM
 Paula Austel - IBM
 Jeff Broberg CA
*Andy Hodgkinson - Novell
*Duane Buss - Novell
 Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM
 Brian Carrol - Serena
*Tom Doman - Novell
*Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine
 David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM
*Mike McIntosh - IBM
 Tony Nadalin - IBM
 Nataraj Nagaratnam - IBM
 Dale Olds - Novell
 Uppili Srinivasan - Oracle
*Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics
 Markus Sabedello
*Jim Sermersheim - Novell
*George Sanchez - Serena
*Daniel Sanders
 Abhi Schelat - IBM
*Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics

 --
* Present

Regrets
=======
 Greg Byrd

Agenda
------
* Need a volunteer to lead the regular developer call on Thursday May
31st
* Brief update on Greg's work on the configuration component.
* At the face-to-face we proposed scheduling standing IRC meetings for
the major components, but never formally initiated them.  See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/04.30.2007_F2F_Agenda:

Propose daily "Higgins Hour" on #higgins. The component owners
mentioned commit to attend the #higgins channel during this hour

    * Monday 11am ET: IdAS Service (and extensions) Jim, Tom, Duane
    * Tuesday 11am ET: Token Service, etc. Mike
    * Wednesday 11am ET: i-cards and the i-card manager, i-card
registry, ISS Client UI Valery, SergeiY, Andy
    * Thursday: noon --regular Higgins weekly meeting
    * Friday: 11am ET: HBX, RPPS, ISS Maxim, Abhi

Do people really want to commit to this schedule?

* Finishing Milestone 0.8.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Milestone_0.8.  Components owners -
review and update the milestone chart before the meeting if possible.
* Milestone 0.9 - Building a list of things that need to be done for
Catalyst.  (We started this process during the IRC call on the H2 and
H3
deployments.)
*IdAS updates

1.  Need a volunteer to lead the regular developer call on Thursday May
31st
Mary: Asked for a volunteers
Jim: I will do it.
Mary: Thanks! I'll send you information about the mechanics.

2. Brief update on Greg's work on the configuration component.
Mary:  Jim is on vacation today, he asked me to pass along the
following update.
"Greg": I've checked in the first version of configuration, which is
essentially Mike's codes with some renaming and small changes.
I've started adding documentation to the Wiki pages.
"Greg": I'm not exactly sure of the dependency information -- I grabbed
this from Mike.  And I didn't add anything new to the list.  But note
that
configuration.xml does depend on axiom, stax, and commons-logging.
Tom?: Is starting to work with the new configuration code. So far looks
good.
Paul: We have a developer named Markus who in about two weeks will
begin work on the IdAS registry code. After that he'll work to integrate
the configuring of the registry (including setting up the "content" of
the registries) using the new configuration API that Greg is leading.

3. Proposed standing IRC calls where component owners are available to
answer questions.
Mary: At the face-to-face we proposed scheduling standing IRC meetings
for the major components, but never formally initiated them. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/04.30.2007_F2F_Agenda:

Propose daily "Higgins Hour" on #higgins. The component owners
mentioned commit to attend the #higgins channel during this hour

    * Monday 11am ET: IdAS Service (and extensions) Jim, Tom, Duane
    * Tuesday 11am ET: Token Service, etc. Mike
    * Wednesday 11am ET: i-cards and the i-card manager, i-card
registry, ISS Client UI Valery, SergeiY, Andy
    * Thursday: noon --regular Higgins weekly meeting
    * Friday: 11am ET: HBX, RPPS, ISS Maxim, Abhi
Mike: I will do Tuesday
Tom: Sounds good.
Valery: Can we do Friday earlier?
Paul: Will 10:00 work?
Valery: Yes, 10 would be great.
??:This is early for the west coast
Paul: We may need to adjust.

4. Finishing Milestone 0.8.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Milestone_0.8.  Components owners
were asked review and update the milestone chart.
Paul: Explained process.
Paul: Walked through this first section of the Milestone_0.8 page and
updated it based on input.
Tom: Tried to work on Nightly builds. Is too complex.
Paul: One pressing thing is to put the "incubation" strings in
Valery: I will do this next week.
Paul: Great.
Paul: Urged everyone to update their section for milestone 0.8
Jim: How do we tell when each Component wiki page is considered done.
Paul: I will look at them all and provide an opinion on the current

5. Milestone 0.9: - Building a list of things that need to be done for
Catalyst.  (We started this process during the IRC call on the H2 and
H3 deployments.)
Paul: There is lots of visibility around Higgins for Catalyst.  We
have.... two identity agents, STS, a relying party...
Paul: Think of the first phase of 0.9 as getting to Catalyst.

6. IdAS updates:
Jim: Just checked in a lot of changes for IdAS repackaging.
Jim: Does anyone have a good way to see what their downstream
dependencies are?
Mike: If were had fully osgi enabled our plugins, we ...
Paul: Send Mary or me an email. Only Eclipse webmasters can delete from
CVS
Jim: Will put a read me out there.
Jim: Let him know immediately if there are any problems.

Action items
Mary: Give Jim background info on leading next Higgins developer's
call.
Mary: Put the agreed weekly IRC schedule up on the wiki
Paul: Review component wiki pages and provide feedback

Hold over action items
*All: Review Paul's updated version of Markus' discovery draft and
provide comments
*Tony: Itemize needed items not covered by the latest OSP
*All Component owners review their components with respect to discovery
needs.
*Topic for another call, general process for refactoring
packages

Back to the top