Re: [higgins-dev] configuration component requirements

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/17/2007 11:47:18 AM:

> What's the "strComponentName" used for in the configure method?

A ConfigurableComponent is an object which is an instance of a class
derived from IConfigurableComponent interface.
Since more than one object of the same class can be created, each with a
different configuration, there needs to be some way to differentiate
between the instances.
The strComponentName tells the instance what its "name" is, allowing it to
add it to log/audit messages, find its own configuration in the
globalsettings, etc.

> And what does destroy do?

Nothing useful. Was going to use it to clean up at shutdown, but I've
never implemented anything like that. Suspect it should be removed.

> (Why is this part of configuration?)

Its part of the IConfigurableComponent interface, not the configuration.