Re: [higgins-dev] Changes to higgins.owl (aka HOWL) committed (now v16)

Paul,

http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/ontologies/2006/higgins.owl has been
updated
to v16.

I see some problems with HOWL schema:

1. Now IMetadata interface is simple and single (there is no complex
metadata interface).
As a result  we need:
a) remove from HOWL schema "complexMetadata", "source", "timeSpan",
"creator", "validFrom", "validTo" properties and "TimeSpan" class;
b) (not obligatory) rename simpleMetadata to metadata;

2. Property "attribute" should be renamed to "value" (not obligatory). Also
this property should have "ComplexValue" as its domain, because now
ComplexValue can have attributes.

3. Now IComplexValue interface extends IHasAttributes insead of
IHasProperties. So we need to replace all DatatypeProperty properties (old
"complex value properties") like "subjectId" with appropriate "value"
subproperties (see p.2 above).

3.1. SubjectRelationship class (it is ComplexValue) has 2 properties -
"contextId" and "subjectId". Both of them should be "value" subproperties (I
suppose thay should be simple values). Also I do not understand what is
ContextId class - should it be a complex value?

4. We need a possibility to store metadata of Attribute, however I do not
see how we can use new "Attribute" class for this purpose. It looks we will
need to define some additional pair of property/class (metadata container)
for each type of attribute. But I do not see a good way how than to join
metadata with attribute.

5. I do not understand clearly how we should use Annotation Properties (like
"minLength", "pattern", "totalDigits" etc). As I suppose, we should use
these to describe/control possible data of SimpleValue. If so, what rules should we use?

I've attached the example of HOWL which describes my notes.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>