[higgins-dev] Notes from Today's Higgins developer's call

Attendees

=========

 Alex Amies - IBM

 Paula Austel – IBM

* Jeff Broberg CA

* Andy Hodgkinson - Novell

* Duane Buss - Novell

* Greg Byrd - NCSU/IBM

* Brian Carrol - Serena

* Tom Doman - Novell

 Valery Kokhan - Parity Ukraine

  David Kuehr-Mclaren - IBM

  Mike McIntosh - IBM

  Nataraj Nagaratnam – IBM

  Dale Olds - Novell

* Mary Ruddy - Parity/SocialPhysics

* Jim Sermersheim - Novell

* George Sanchez - Serena

* Daniel Sanders

  Abhi Schelat - IBM

--

* Present

Regrets

=======

Paul Trevithick - Parity/SocialPhysics

Tony Nadalin - IBM

Agenda

------

    • Successful F2F in Austin last week, next F2F in San Francisco June 25-27
    • Various events in Europe this week
    • IIW and Catalyst participation
    • IdAS next steps
    • Brian – report on status of  the STS,  JNDI CP and IdAS components.

1. Higgins F2F meetings

Mary: We had another successful Higgins F2F meeting in Austin last week.  See the annotated agenda for details.  The next F2F meeting will be held in San Francisco June 25-27, timed to coincide with the Catalyst conference. The preliminary agenda is already on the wiki.  One of the primary topics will be preparing for the interoperability event being held at Catalyst. Please update the preliminary agenda with additional topics.

2. Higgins presentations in Europe this week

Mary: There are a number of Higgins folks in Europe this week for various Conferences.  Paul Trevithick gave a presentation on Higgins at  the OECS Workshop on Digital Identity Management (IDM) in Trondheim, Norway.  Jeff Jaffe of Novell talked about Higgins in his presentation at the 1st European Identity Conference in Munich.

3. IIW and catalyst interoperability work.

Mary: Higgins will be participating in the interoperability sessions at IIW in Santa Clara next week.

Jeff: CA will also be participating in the IIW interoperability sessions.

4. IdAS.

Jim: Meta data can now exist on attribute values. After considering many options, Jim is recommending use of a single value and simple type.  This cleaned-up the model.  Jim has made changes to his local copy and has been holding off committing the changes until he gets feedback from people on the changes.  So far it has only heard from Novell.  He (we) would like to get this resolved as this is holding up work on the context providers.

4. Status of STS, IdAS and JNDI CP.

Brian:  We are using the STS, IdAS and JNDI CP components, working from a snapshot from a couple of months ago.  We want to migrate to the news STS.  Is it OK to move to the current builds?

Jim:  If you only care about read (not write) that should be OK

Brian: We are only doing reads (Write support depends on Jim’s IdAS work above)

Jim: Then you should be OK

Brian:  Are the dependencies in the Component wiki up-to-date?

Mary:  Yes, they should be.  Let me know if you encounter any difficulties. They should be clean.

Next action:

IIW next week

Back to the top