[higgins-dev] IdAS: propose moving applyUpdates

In today's F2F mtg, we agreed that metadata should be able to exist on an IContext.  Of course, this leads to the question of how it's updated. Just like elements below a digital subject, the user may need to perform a number of updates and then signal to the CP that the state is appropriate for application to a backing store.  Not only this, but there may also be CP's with backing stores which need this kind of signal when multiple digital subjects are being updated.

Probably the best way to handle this is to move applyUpdates() up to IContext. We would keep the same semantics we have today, only the grouping would be up a level.  Meaning applyUpdates applies the updates made thus far to member data (metadata and digital subjects) held by the context and to any updated sub-elements of those.  As before, atomicity (oops, Mike wants me to use the word nucular since I'm in Texas, so -- nucularityishness) is CP-dependent.

Jim

Back to the top