Re: Re[2]: [higgins-dev] IdAS: One attribute per type per DS

Can the HOWL be adjusted such that we can have metadata on both?  Paul indicates that it can be done.  I haven't taken the time to deep-dive into the HOWL on this issue yet myself.

Jim

>>> Valery Kokhan <vkokhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/28/07 11:04 AM >>>
1) From HOWL POV I do not see a way to allow metadata on both
attribute and value level - we can have them at either attribute or
value but not on both.

2) If we allow metadata on value level then we'll have to mutually
disjoin IAttribute and IProperty to make sure that they are operating
with different interpretation of values. Why? Because from OWL POV we
can put metadata on owl:ObjectProperty but it is impossible for
owl:DatatypeProperty. In case of our favourite person-with-address.owl
example we can't put metadata on sub-values (pwa:state, pwa:country,
etc) of complex value (pwa:postalAddress).

Valery