Fwd: Re: Re[2]: [higgins-dev] IdAS Update Proposals

<fwding: sorry, I'm used to pressing reply to sender for higgins messages, which works except in the case of messages that come from Valery for some reason. So I keep replying privately to him on accident>

>>> Jim Sermersheim 4/26/07 9:18 AM >>>
I agree.  I noted this at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/IdAS_Update_Proposals_Distillation#Specifying_updates #2, but I didn't include it at this point as I viewed it as not absolutely necessary. In other words, the only way I could see getting the update refactoring done in a timely way was to remove anything potentially contentious.

I'm happy to add this useful convenience method if no one has issues with it.  The only drawback I see is that it adds one more method to implement -- but I think it's worth it.

Jim

>>> Valery Kokhan <vkokhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/26/07 9:04 AM >>>
Jim,

I wonder why there is no methods like
IAttribute IDigitalSubject.addAttribute(IAttribute attr);
which you proposed earlier.

To my mind, such methods are useful when we need to copy some
attribute(s) from one digital subject to another.

Valery