Re: Re[2]: [higgins-dev] IdAS update proposals

so, Option 3.a allows one to update multiple subjects from a single context in one transaction, but not across contexts.

Are there use-cases for this stuff?  I have a real-world use case for the need to lump multiple attribute updates into a single transaction but nothing beyond that.  I can see the value in allowing multi-subject transactions, and the value of allowing this across contexts, but less so.  I mean, is someone planning on producing context providers that allow two-phase commit?  Even an LDAP provider talking to a single server can't support multi-subject transactions unless the backing server has implemented some non-core extension -- let alone transactions across databases.

>>> Valery Kokhan <vkokhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/16/07 10:24 AM >>>
I think that we definitely have to consider a case when we need to
update multiple subjects perhaps from the different contexts in the
same transaction.

Valery