From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:32 PM
To: 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'
Cc: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [higgins-dev] IP question

I should also point out that the Eclipse Board is in the process of drafting a policy which explicitly states that prereq’ing code with non-compatible licenses and/or known IP problems will be a no-no. For exactly those reasons described by Tony. Although doing this will sometimes make things “easier” for a project, if no one can build a product or distribute the combination, there is not a lot of value in doing it in the first place.

My point being is that if we allow "required" but non distributed libraries which have non compatible IPR with distributed libraries from Eclipse we are going to create IPR issues with the consumers of Higgins. As I said IBM does not support this approach.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top