FW: [higgins-dev] IMPORTANT: changes in requirements for ConformingIncubation Phase projects - requires change to our build processes

Eclipse has just updated the requirements to be an official incubation project. Maintaining our official incubation status is important as this will allow us to use the accelerated provisional IPR approval for incubation projects process.

1)       We are currently listed on the main projects page with an egg, which means we are an incubation stage project in good standing.

2)       They have just added extra conditions to being in incubation phase.  We need to implement these by May 6 to keep in good standing.  See below:

All conforming Incubation phase Eclipse projects are eligible to participate in the Parallel IP process. A conforming project:

  1. Is in the Incubation phase.  – already done
  2. Correctly displays the incubation logo on their project home page. – already done
  3. Correctly displays the same incubation logo on their project's primary download page. – already done
  4. All downloadable zip files for builds and milestones must include the word "incubation" in the filename. For example, DSF-SDK-incubation-N20070413-0200.zip
    • The jar files in the download zip file are not required to contain the word "incubation" in the filename. (See bug 178944 for the explanation.)
  5. All "Bundle-Name"s must include the world "incubation". Note that "Bundle-SymbolicName"s should not include "incubation" because the Bundle-SymbolicName is a technical namespace, not a user namespace. For example, Bundle-Name: Foo Plug-in (Incubation)
  6. The feature names for update manager features must include the word "incubation". For example, Eclipse Platform (Incubation)

Projects are listed as conforming or non-conforming on the main /projects page by the egg (conforming) and egg-with-red-slash (non-conforming) icons. If you believe your project is conforming (i.e., 1-5 above) but is listed on the main projects page as non-conforming, send email to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx and ask us to update the database.

We are already doing items 1-3. We need to implement 4, which means adding “incubation” to the zip files created by the build process and documenting this requirement in the nightly build process wiki.  I don’t think we have any bundle names or are using update manager. This needs to be confirmed.

-Mary