RE: [higgins-dev] IP question

I should also point out that the Eclipse Board is in the process of drafting a policy which explicitly states that prereq’ing code with non-compatible licenses and/or known IP problems will be a no-no. For exactly those reasons described by Tony. Although doing this will sometimes make things “easier” for a project, if no one can build a product or distribute the combination, there is not a lot of value in doing it in the first place.

My point being is that if we allow "required" but non distributed libraries which have non compatible IPR with distributed libraries from Eclipse we are going to create IPR issues with the consumers of Higgins. As I said IBM does not support this approach.

Back to the top