Re: [higgins-dev] Status of CardSpace i-card providers

> So it's important that BC not become part of the Higgins distribution
> and that just JCE APs will be used with common algorithms names (aliases)

I've removed  Bouncy Castle cryptogrphy library from CardSpace provider projects. Now this requires Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files and JRE 1.4.2 or higher.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov

  So it's important that BC not become part of the Higgins distribution and that just JCE APs will be used with common algorithms names (aliases)

  "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Sent by: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

        04/03/2007 11:16 AM

              Please respond to
              "Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

              "'Higgins \(Trust Framework\) Project developer discussions'" <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

              cc

              "'Sergey Lyakhov'" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

              Subject

              [higgins-dev] Status of CardSpace i-card providers

  Sergey Lyakhov (slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) is developing two i-card providers (see rows B and C here [1]) to provide CardSpace interoperability. The first is called "CMIP" (see [2]) for short. The second is called "CPIP" (see [3]) for short.

  CMIP
  ----
  - basic code will be checked in on 4/4

  CPIP
  ---
  - basic code will be checked in on 4/4
  - due to recent "update-related" changes in IdAS metadata can no longer be updated so any update operations do not currently work

  CMIP and CPIP
  - both share some common code for .crds card backup/restore
  - to do this 256 bit crypto is required
  - either the IBM or SUN JVMs require export licenses to be acquired and installed to do 256 bit crypto. (128 bit is the legal limit)
  - we are in the process of removing a dependency on http://www.bouncycastle.org library as this cannot be redistributed from Eclipse.

  [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components#I-Card_Registry_and_I-Card_Providers
  [2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CardSpace_Managed_I-Card_Provider
  [3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CardSpace_Personal_I-Card_Provider