[higgins-dev] Breaking Change (moving some files to another package)

All,

I want to move org.eclipse.higgins.idas.impl.Basic*.java to org.eclipse.higgins.idas.toolkit.Basic*.java

My intent with the Basic*.java classes was to provide some basic implementations to help Context Providers writers.  Putting them in an "impl" package was misleading.  I worry that some people (IdAS consumers) believe they can instantiate these classes and send them into methods when in fact, the agreement we've had all along is that they must get instances from the CP.

Futhermore, placing them in this package will allow us to build a scaled-down IdAS which excludes them (this may be useful for a CP which doesn't make use of them and needs to have a small footprint).

Anyway, I plan to make this change and check it in tomorrow afternoon or early Friday unless anyone has an objection.  This will affect any CP which has chosen to make use of them.

I'll send a diff as soon as I'm ready.

Jim

Back to the top