RE: [higgins-dev] can Higgins help me with that?

Mary wrote:

> Fabien,
>
> Think of the Context Providers or Plugins or Adapters (They are
> different words for the same thing) connecting something like LinkedIn
> or an Email system or an LDAP system to the IdAS as pipes.

Yes.

> There is data stored on either end.

Not quite. The context provider's responsibility is to adapt the data at the
"source" end of the pipe (to continue this analogy) to the Higgins data
model on the other "end" (per the context provider interface). Whether or
not the Context Provider chooses to have data stored (e.g. by managing a
local cache) at its "end" is not specified.

Back to the top