From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fabian Weisensee
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 11:42 AM
To: higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [higgins-dev] can Higgins help me with that?

Hello there

I read most of the wiki, but it's still not clear to me what could be
done with Higgins.

I want to accomplish the following for my diplom thesis:
A webservice with which the user can manage his contacts.
You have to register for the service. You got your own profile, just
like in a social network, with all thinkable (extendable perhaps)
attributes, which the user can fill out at own will.
But the important thing is, that you can add your contacts, and if they
are also registered, you automatically see the whole profile. You can
categorize your contacts in groups like family, work, friends etc.
Additionally we need to have fine-grained privacy control.
The interface shall be documented at detail, so that this service could
be integrated in other programs, like Outlook/Thunderbird, ICQ/AIM/MSN,
Skype etc. So the user would always have an up-to-date contactlist,
synchronized over all his programs and all his PCs.

So my question is: How could Higgins help me to implement this
infrastructure?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fabian Weisensee

PS: Hope my english is ok, as i'm not native english speaking.