Re: [higgins-dev] Wag demo - question about previewing managed cards

I was able to preview using VISAT on items returned from the  higgins STS.
Duane

From: "Daniel Sanders" <dsanders@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3/19/2007 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] Wag demo - question about previewing managed cards
The Wag demo does not control this.  To my knowledge, the Higgins STS already returns all of the necessary information for CardSpace to display the values to the user.  The user must select "preview," then "retrieve" in the CardSpace selector in order to see the values.  However, the last time I tried to do this using the CardSpace selector (on Windows XP), it does not display the values that are returned.  To my knowledge, this is a defect in CardSpace, not any Higgins component.  I have not tried it on Vista, so I don't know if the problem shows up there.

In the card selector we wrote for Linux, we display the values that the STS returns - so I know they are available.

Daniel

>>> "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/18/2007 9:53 PM >>>

Hi,

If anyone could answer the following question before 8:00 AM EDT on Monday it would be really great. (Yes, I understand that this is an unreasonable request.)

In the Wag demo, if you preview a managed card, the fields come up blank.  Is this because this part wasn't implemented/fully implemented for the current demo?

According to MSDN2 : "If he or she chooses to, the owner of an information card can use CardSpace to preview the information that will appear in a security token created using that card. This information will be fetched from the identity provider that issued the card when the user asks to see it. Once it's been displayed, the sensitive information is then deleted from the user's system."

Bonus, question: how difficult would it be to change this in the Wad demo?

Back to the top