*From:* higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Jim Sermersheim
*Sent:* Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:22 PM
*To:* 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'
*Subject:* [higgins-dev] RE: About OpenXRI

One of the proposals is to also allow for a locally-deployed registries. For that, I assume we'd need the server package. Or is the server package actually a proxy resolver, and we'd need something else to "serve up" the local registry?

Jim

>>> "Steve Churchill" <steven.churchill@xxxxxxxxx> 3/8/07 6:52 PM >>>

Paul (and Wil),

Your XRI resolver client Java code will want to invoke the XRI resolver
functional interface defined in Appendix E of the XRI Resolution Spec
(WD10.)

The OpenXRI resolver client package has a Java binding to this. It can be
configured to (a) invoke a "local" resolver where the resolver algorithm is performed inside your JVM, or (b) forward the request off to an "HTTP proxy
resolver" on another server.

Whichever you choose, you will only need the OpenXRI client package and thus
you will only need these dependencies. I am sure they are very light.

I have Cc'd Wil Tan of Neustar (the author) to shed some more light on this.
Wil, what are exactly the client dependencies?

Thx,

~ Steve