[higgins-dev] XML File Context Provider

Paul,

As I mentioned on the last dev call, I have a working XML File Context Provider that we've used for testing and experimental purposes in the past that we'd be happy to contribute to Higgins.  It doesn't have any additional 3rd party library dependencies (actually has less) than we already have in the Eclipse IPZilla queue and, as before, I could just check in the CP only files under the EPL.  It's very simple to get setup and I thought it might meet some of Mike's short term needs.

It has a few things I'd like to change in the future but I don't have the time to do them now and, if I check this in, someone else could be free to do them:

1. The getSchema() needs to be updated to follow the latest ontology.
2. The format of the identity data should more closely follow the Higgins data model and, since we control it, we can structure the XML however we want.  Besides, I don't like the file format as it stands anyway.  In addition, if we structure it right, we won't have to do any mapping of types from the XML to Higgins, it can just BE what we expect in Higgins or even the consuming application (ie. CardSpace claims).  At any rate, currently, that's not the case.
3. Respond to registry and configuration model changes when they are completed.  #2 should be done in conjunction w/ this.
4. Allow updates through IdAS APIs.

Anyway, like I said, it's simple to setup and we're happy to contribute this to Higgins if you like so others can use and enhance it.

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top