[higgins-dev] off topic: How to auto-join #higgins on freenode.net using GAIM

To help facilitate faster ad-hoc communications, it'd be nice if more people hung out on #higgins (we usually only have 6 - 8 there), here are instructions on how to get GAIM to auto-join the channel when you start it up.

- From the Buddy List, click Buddies, Add Chat
- Fill in the Add Chat window fields:
 - select your <name>@irc.freenode.net Account
 - type #higgins in the Channel field
 - leave password and alias blank I think
 - pick whatever group you want
- Back in the Buddy List, the IRC channel is listed under the group you added it to.  Right-click it and mark "Auto-Join"

Jim

Back to the top