From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Trevithick
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 4:31 AM
To: 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'
Subject: [higgins-dev] On to M0.8... [action required]

(A) Component Owners (Maxim, Abhi, Valery, Sergey, Mike, Jim, Tom):

1. Review [0.7] and "strike thru" any items you consider done that I've
missed

2. Move any unfinished or deferred items to [0.8]

(B) Changes to the Higgins development process for M0.8

We've reached the point where we need to be more formal about how and
when
inter-component (i.e. public to other components) interface changes are
handled. Here's the easy 1-2-3, proposal/date/check-in process:

1. "Proposal" -- The committer (usually the owner of the relevant
component)
proposes a breaking interface change. He/she must publish the proposal
on
this list. A discussion on the list ensues (as it usually does) and we
arrive at a rough consensus. [We're pretty good about this stuff
already,
especially if you equate rough consensus with silence].

2. "Date" -- The committer proposes a date and time when the breaking
change
will be checked in and negotiates with others to arrive at a final
date/time.

3. "Check-in"

[I could have proposed a fourth step: "kick off an automated, stable
build"
but I think we're still not quite ready for this.]

-Paul

[0.7] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Milestone_0.7
[0.8] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Milestone_0.8