[higgins-dev] Re: IdAS Registry conf call

I volunteered to shepherd this issue, and the first thing I did was try to update the wiki with what seemed to be consensus to me at the end of the call.  Please review that and comment -- especially on the Out Of Scope Use Cases, TODO items, and Open Issues.

If there are use cases that need to be in scope, I'll move them to the Open Issues section.  Unless I was spacing out, we neglected to talk about the TODO solutions.

Andy,  Paul said you'd be willing to work on the IdASContextRegistry section of the Wiki, and on its implementation.  There may be things that we need to explain more (in terms of requirements), and I also had some questions that you or Paul might be able to answer (search for "questions from Jim").  I'll try to sync up with you on Monday.

Thanks,

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/8/07 10:22 PM >>>
If you're on the "To" line of this email, then I'm expecting you to call in
(a total of 8). I've reserved 10 lines so if we get a couple more, we'll be
okay. I'm assuming this will run 1-1.5 hours.

Comments/Agenda:
* http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/IdAS_Registries_Proposal
* Fielding comments, questions about the (optional) XRI resolution
  technology (Drummond and Andy are the experts on this)
* Reusable abstract Registry component underneath IdASRegistry and others
* General discussion