[higgins-dev] Re: Deployments page table changes

Paul,

Proposal looks good to me.  On the deployment scenario page we might want to have the descriptive overview text to be followed by a table for the assembly and build instruction that contains a line for each component - instead of a bulleted list of components.  We might also want some actual deployment "hints" - for things you might have had to do to "configure" the deployment.  For example, the STS and LDAP CP have several configuration files that ought to be explained a little - for anyone wanting to replicate the deployment to their own servers.  In my case, there were also some things I had to configure for tomcat so that the STS would get certain parameters when it started up.  There may even be some unusual configuration steps for non-Higgins components that would be useful to explain.  Perhaps a "configuration" section or "deployment" section?

Daniel

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/8/2007 2:12 PM >>>

Daniel,

These deployments tables are full of redundant information. I have created here [1] a proposed alternative.

What do you think?

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Deployments#Paul.27s_Sandbox_.28alternate_table_design_for_discussion_purposes.29

-Paul

Back to the top