[higgins-dev] Notes from higgins-dev call Feb 8 noon ET

Attendees
---------
Andy, Mary, Daniel, Tony, Tom, Jim, Duane, Tom (UMass Amherst), Paul, Greg
Byrd, Jeff, Mike, Jose, George, Valery, Brian.

Agenda
------
- Mary: EclipseCON
- Paul: Schedule IdAS / Registry call Friday (tomorrow)
- Status of builds (Jim, Tom, Danial, Mike...)
- Mary: IP status
- Tony & Paul: Upcoming ITU-T workshop in Geneva

EclipseCon
----------
Mary: EclipseCon is coming up week of March 4th in the Santa Clara. There
are several Higgins-related items in the program

IdAS / Registry Call
--------------------
Paul: We will be having IdAS Registry call: 11AM ET. Call to discuss. We
should all prepare our thoughts before hand [memo to self].

Status of the builds
--------------------
Jim: Long term to have standard input and output directories (src for
source, build for a general output dir and under build for WAR files)

Jim: Short term solution on incoming directories: have a lib directory off
the root of that project. Longer term solution is each JAR is checked in as
a separate project.

Jim: The IdAS and all four of the TS project are up to this stage. Yesterday
we check in all the directory structure for the jndi/LDAP context project.
This way the TS can use it as a dependent project.

Jim: Each Eclipse projects (4 TS and IdAS) we set up the Project properties
with the dependencies. So the project owner can add to the list. The other
nice side-effect, all libraries that get built into a WAR can be pulled into
the other project's. In the WAR file for each dependency projects it pulls
in two things 1) JAR from build/lib and 2) is all the other dependencies
that it depends on.

Tom: I will publish a .psf soon

Jim: We have not yet gone back and updated our ide (psf entries) on the
Components page. I haven't done anything in my cli link yet.

Paul: If you do the IdAS "cli" then the rest of us will copy it.

Jim: We haven't even begun to address versioning yet.

Tom: We need to figure this out before we re-start the nightly build issues.
This is related to the need the stable.

Daniel: A suggestion: for my deployments page I'd like an easy way to link
to a row in a table in the Components page

...After a conversation with Tony, Daniel and Tom we concluded to rename the
deployment "CardSpace-interoperable Identity Provider/STS".

IP Update
---------
Mary: For code written according to the Eclipse development process and by a
Higgins committer you can just go ahead an check this in with out doing a CQ
(Contribution Questionaire). [There had been confusion about this when there
are thousands of lines of code involved in the initial checkin.].

Mary: Eclipse is still putting the streamlined process in place, so things
are taking a bit longer, but hopefully soon the EPL/Committer-written code
will all be approved.

Mary: We will add a column to the dependencies wiki pages to show current
IPzilla status

Tony: How about our Northwest partners?

Mary: Mike Jones asked if in our demo we used the Higgins card selector and
Mary said no because we don't have the IP issues resolved.

ITU meeting in Geneva
---------------------
Tony: There is a general Higgins overview (Paul and Tony will do) on
Identity systems and that is where Mike Jones will do an overview of
CardSpace. And then there is a data model part (Paul will do). And then
there is an authentication part that (MikeM will do). Thomas Gross will do
the completed SecondLife demo. Mike will show a few variations of the
CardSpace-interoperable STS. And then there is an outside chance that we'll
show something with OpenID.

Microsoft's OpenID announcement
-------------------------------
Paul: Mentioned about Microsoft's announcement WRT OpenID. There is
currently a lot more substance than air to that annoucement. It is just
allowing an RP to request CardSpace auth to an OpenID IdP. Two separate
interactions, each using two separate systems & protocols.

Tony: Yes. Microsoft isn't necessarily after the OpenID protocols. But they
are to some extent interested in how to OpenID cards with their selector (in
future versions of CardSpace).

Misc
----
Jim: By the end of the week I could document the "cli" for IdAS

Tom: I looked at the Eclipse standards for this. It is pretty clear. Duane
even added the date of the build as prescribed in this document.

Jim: We just need to implement it. But we don't want it to increment a build
number/date during development work. But we do want it for stable builes.

Action Items
------------
* Special "IdAS Registry" topic call Feb 9 at 11ET for 1-1.5 hrs. We should
all prepare our latest thoughts. Expected attendees: Valery, Paul, Greg,
Jim, Tom, others?

* Jim to document "cli" wiki page for IdAS by end of this week

* Next Higgins call is in 2 weeks

* Paul to add a way to link to a specific row on the Components page from
the Deployments page [DONE: see "A", "B", "C"...]

* Paul to replace the "Source & Build" with "Assemble & Deploy" on the
Deployments page

* Mary will add a column to the dependencies wiki pages to show current
IPzilla status

Back to the top