[higgins-dev] Recent IdAS Registry/ContextFactory changes

Valery,

Tom was starting to implement the LDAP CP to the latest changes to IContextFactory, but...
- We got to a point where we don't know what the behavior or a number of methods is.
- Some of the changes match the summary at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/11.16.2006_F2F_Outcomes, but others don't.
- It appears we would only have to implement getID and initialize, but we're not sure about the placement or contents of the config file and other semantics for these methods.
- Finally, at the outcome of the last F2F, it seemed that we still have lots of open issues and thoughts that may likely cause these interfaces to change again.

So, we just now talked to Paul and between us, decided it might be easiest to use the previous interfaces for now, and maybe set up a phone call on Friday to talk more about how we want the final solution to come out.  So, our plan is to go ahead and put these two files back the way they were (IContextFactory, and IdASRegistry) today so that we can achieve an integration point between the STS, IdAS, and the LDAP CP.

Jim

Back to the top