RE: [higgins-dev] Thanks - STS up and running

I don't get it.

Why was Mike able to check in the STS code?  I assumed that we could check in newly authored code whether or not it has dependencies on third-party libraries.  I thought the issue had only to do with the redistribution of the third-party libraries

I mean, how is it different from someone adding a method to IdAS which requires some third-party jar file and telling people they'll need to manually grab that jar until we get the IP issues ironed out?

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/5/07 10:01 AM >>>
>
> > 5) Life would be much easier if we checked in the LDAP CP to
> > Eclipse.  Can we go ahead and do this (even though the dependency .
> > jars are still in a holding pattern)?
>
> This would help prevent a lot of problems. This would have identified
> issue with IdAS interface changes breaking the CP and would make it easier
> to ensure that IdAS and CP jars were consistent with each other and would
> allow source lines to be provided for exception logs.

We've been on the phone this morning with Eclipse asking for acceleration on
this (and for the I-Card Manager code). This should be resolved very soon.
Stay tuned.

-Paul