Re: [higgins-dev] Jars that are needed for the STS

Mike,

All we have in our deployment on WAG is wstx-asl-2.9.2.jar and it runs.  I assume wstx-asl-3.0.0.jar would also work but that answers that particular dependency question.  I see you've included this jar in your planned update to the http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Token_Service_Dependencies page.

I believe Jim is correct on the others, the Tomcat loader appears to do a deep validation of dependencies.  I changed what I put into the TokenService.war I was building to only include the JNDI CP and the specific bandit utilities needed and the sunxacml dependencies went away.  With sun's loader, it should have been happy not to have the sunxacml jars because the JNDI CP obviously never invokes them, other CPs in our combo jar do, but the JNDI CP was the only CP being invoked from the combo CP jar.  Anyway, paring it down did the trick so we assume this is a Tomcat loader behavior and it looks like none of us were expecting it.

Anyway, it just remains to determine what sub-pieces require the remaining 3 jars:

commons-discovery-0.2.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0-rc2.jar
wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

I assume that the commons jars are required due to the required commons logging jar but I don't know what requires the WSDL jar.  Any ideas anyone?

BTW, none of the Bandit pieces should require castor but I'll update that portion of the STS dependencies ... actually, how about you just link that section to my dependencies page here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/LDAP_Context_Provider_Dependencies.  Good?

Thanks,
Tom

>>> Michael McIntosh <mikemci@xxxxxxxxxx> 02/01/07 7:10 PM >>>
Tom,

I do not use any of those jar files. I do use "wstx-asl-3.0.0.jar", but
nothing like the other three.

Thanks,
Mike