RE: [higgins-dev] STS Build Instruction Notes

I just went to the Wiki page to update the component information. Howver,
the STS entries are missing from the component page. Did someone delete
them?

Here is the information I'd planned to post there:

>From the Apache Axiom project at
http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/download.cgi download axiom-1.2.2
containing:
activation-1.1.jar
axiom-api-1.2.2.jar
axiom-dom-1.2.2.jar
axiom-impl-1.2.2.jar
log4j-1.2.13.jar
mail-1.4.jar
stax-api-1.0.1.jar
wstx-asl-3.0.0.jar
xml-apis-1.3.03.jar

>From the Apache Axis project at http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_4/
download axis-1.4 containing:
axis.jar
jaxrpc.jar
saaj.jar
servlet.jar
xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar

>From the Apache Tomcat project at http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi
download tomcat 5.5.x containing:
commons-el.jar
jasper-compiler.jar
jasper-runtime.jar
jsp-api.jar
naming-factory.jar
naming-resources.jar

>From the Apache XML Security project at
http://xml.apache.org/security/dist/java-library/ download
xml-security-1.3.0 containing:
xmlsec-1.3.0.jar

>From the Eclipse Higgins project at ??? download:
idas.jar

>From the Bandit project at ??? download:
bandit-util-0.2.285.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
castor-1.0.4.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
commons-logging-1.1.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
dom4j-1.6.1.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
higgins-idas-cp-0.2.285.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
ldap.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
jaxen-1.1-beta-12.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)
openxdas-0.3.158.jar LDAP CP (Novell Bandit)

Thanks,
Mike

higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/01/2007 11:55:49 AM:

> > > 1. We need an all encompassing psf file which gets all of the
required
> STS
> > > components at once.
>
> I update the page with a single PSF, I'd thought Jim had done that in
the
> F2F meeting.
>
> > > 2. Complete the STS dependencies page so we know where to go to get
> the
> > > dependant jars and the correct versions.  Not all dependencies are
> listed.
> > > What other jars do we need and how do we get them?
>
> Part of the build problems for STS are that there is no link anymore to
> download Axis 1.3. I've had to link to a planned but not ready Orbit
Axis
> Package.
> I've just converted and tested with Axis 1.4 so there is now a link I
can
> point to to get the set of Axis 1.x libs. I'll update the component page

> with that information (Axis 1.4 libs and links).
>
> > > 3. Actualize the instructions page.
>
> I will also take care of this.
>
> > > 4. Where do the dependant jars belong in the file system?
>
> Agree with Paul, we should change from current variable based approach
> putitng them under the project lib directory.
> I'll take care of this.
>
> I am splitting my time today between a meeting and doing these tasks.
Will
> send notes to the list as each of these if finished.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>

> higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/31/2007 06:49:43 PM:
>
> > Sorry, Spanish brain cramp ...  actualizar == to update, bring up to
> > date ... actualize == to realize in action or make real.  The latter
> > could apply but I meant "bring up to date".  Sorry, still learning
> > English!  ;)
> >
> > Tom

> > Tom wrote:
> > >
> > > Mike,
> > >
> > > Mostly, my notes came down to dependencies, actualizing the
> instructions,
> > > and creating a single psf file to get started.  I haven't tried an
ant
> > > build yet and there may be more notes there.  Also, do we have
> deployment
> > > instructions?  That'll be next for me.
> > >
> > > 1. We need an all encompassing psf file which gets all of the
required
> STS
> > > components at once.
> >
> > Yes. I would say it this way: all sub-projects of the Higgins Token
> Service
> > component. The Token Service now has a separate table here
> > (http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components) that shows a total of 6
> > projects.
> >
> > > 2. Complete the STS dependencies page so we know where to go to get
> the
> > > dependant jars and the correct versions.  Not all dependencies are
> listed.
> > > What other jars do we need and how do we get them?
> > > 3. Actualize the instructions page.
> >
> > I presume you mean the "ide" and "cli" links pages (and thereby
getting
> rid
> > of the current "instructions" link) shown here
> > http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Components
> >
> > > 4. Where do the dependant jars belong in the file system?
> >
> > If they are third party and have been approved you have some choices:
> The
> > easiest/quickest thing to do is to just copy them into the "libs"
> subfolder
> > of each Higgins Eclipse project needs. (See better options in 5.
below)

> > > 5. Easier ways to get dependant jars for any higgins project?  Is
that
> > > what Orbit is for?
> >
> > In the long run we will probably want to wrap each separate third
party
> > lib/jar as a separate Eclipse plugin project. This is the "Eclipse
Way"