[higgins-dev] WAR file builds

Until yesterday, I was under the assumption that we would want the ability to produce a nightly war file build for the STS' TokenService.war (as well as a target for developers to do the same), but now I'm not sure.

A war file is really a deployment package.  Deployments differ based on need.  What I'm getting at is this:

Typically, a war file will include it's dependencies in WEB-INF/lib.  For our recent demos, this means we've been including the usernametoken jar, idas jar, the ldap CP jar and its dependencies.  This is for a specific deployment.

We could choose to cause the war target to include all Higgins STS extensions, IdAS, and all Higgins CP's and their dependencies -- and maybe that's what we should do, but this may grow into a pretty large war at some point.

In any case, do we need to explore ways of building custom war files (which only include what a deployment needs)?

Jim

Back to the top