Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins Developers call today at 12:00 Noon EDT

Mary,

I had a couple other questions about the nightly build page that I didn't ask on the call:

1) Do people think the jar files held in the two zip files should be named the same?  I can't think of a good reason to have two different names.
2) Assuming yes on #1, Should we increment the build # in the version?  It looks like it's at 0.  I think there's a way to do this in the ant script, but I don't know about the other build..
3) Should we add some comments on the page explaining the difference between the different zip files?

Jim

>>> "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/18/07 8:16 AM >>>

Our regular Higgins developers call is Thursday at 12:00 Noon EDT.

The dial-in number is 1-866-362-7064 and the participant access code is 892048.

Proposed Agenda items

1)       Review action items

2)       Review agenda for F2F http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/01.26.2007_F2F_Agenda

3)       Build process improvement update

·         Do people like the new source packaging at:http://download.eclipse.org/technology/higgins/idas/lastNightlyBuild/index.html or do they need something different?

·         The new instructions for triggering builds can be found at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Instructions_for_triggering_Higgins_build_process, we still need to add information on build log files.  We can keep about 5 builds around before they need to be archived.

·         Currently the new manifest has the following information

a.       Component: org.eclipse.higgins.idas project

b.       Build type:   N

c.       Build number: N20070115

d.       Build date:   January 15, 2007

e.       Build time:   05:00  (hour and minute)

What else would be helpful?

Back to the top