Re: [higgins-dev] Nightly IdAS Javadoc

Nightly build mechanism uses (and used) the build.xml (org.eclipse.higgins.idas/build.xml) to create vanilla jar file.
So, we use the same mechanisms to build IdAS vanilla jar. Therefore there shouldn't be any problems.

>From now IdAS Javadocs will include copyright, license information and everything else, except UML diagrams at the top. See nightly build javadoc.

- Evgeniy

I'm less concerned with the UMLGraph than I am with the fact that we have two different build mechanisms.  I just noticed probably an even larger concern:  The nightly build javadoc is missing the copyright and license information (all Javadoc created with the build.xml script includes this at the bottom).

Is there a way to re-use build.xml for the nightly builds?  My worry in maintaining two different build mechanisms is the inconsistencies we will introduce between the two.

How are the nightly builds produced?  Do the jar files also get produced using a different mechanism?  If so, this has the potential to cause problems too as any changes we make to build.xml will not be reflected in the nightly builds.

Jim

>>> Evgeniy Vyborov <evyborov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/12/07 10:19 AM >>>
Hi Jim.

I was trying to create javadocs using the UMLGraph doclet, but I had a lot of problems with it. That's why I used standard doclet. If this is criticality, I will try to provide UMLGraph doclet to build scripts.

- Evgeniy
I'm wondering how this gets created.  It doesn't appear to be generated from the IdAS build script.  If you compare some sample javadoc from the nightly build with the one created using the build script, you'll notice the nightly build version is missing links to Java data types, and is missing the UML at the top.