RE: [higgins-dev] versioning higgins libraries

On (a), I was thinking more like idas-0.7.32.jar inside the zip file.  I don't know how people feel about versioning the nightly builds.  Doing so would have certainly helped us in the recent past in understanding certain problems that have arisen.  On the down side, it does cause people to update things when their application needs the idas.jar in a classpath.

On (b), yeah something like that would be great as well since sometimes (especially when integrating things for a demo) we need to do a quick change to the interfaces, the cp, the sts, and deliver it all at the same time.  Actually, being able to trigger the nightly build might be better for this kind of thing.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/15/06 12:27 PM >>>

Do you mean:

a)    you'd like a version number (e.g. -0.7.32) appended to the filename 'idas.zip' here (stable build)?

b)    you'd like to know, as the IdAS component owner, how to trigger creating a stable build (vs. the automatic nightly ones)? (The last stable build of idas was done on Nov 9th.)

BTW, the tradition at Eclipse is that nightly builds do not have these version numbers; just the date. I presume you're okay with this.

We can assign this task to Evgeniy at Parity, as soon as we understand what you'd like.

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 2:07 PM
To: higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [higgins-dev] versioning higgins libraries

Paul,

A recurring issue that pops up is that of versioning idas.jar.  As it is, people only have the date to rely on, but that's not reliable.

I assume we'd want a number that includes a major version, minor version, and build number.  It'd good to have the build number auto increment.  I stubbed out the beginnings of an attempt at this in the idas build.xml, but haven't gotten any further.

Maybe the best thing to do is to get someone to own this task.

Jim

Back to the top