[higgins-dev] Questions about I-Card Interface

Hi Folks,

I have been working on the RP Prot Support and ISS interfaces, and have
two question about some of the decisions we made at the Boston F2F.

(1) The I-Card also has a getSupportedSimpleClaimTypes() method, but it
does not have a getClaimValues() method.  In fact, we discussed at
length how the I-Card is just a pointer to the claim values.  However,
when we display the Icard to the user, and then the user clicks "show me
what i would send under this card," these values must be extracted to
display an I-card to the user.

By what method(s) should the caller retrieve these values?  Are they
Idas methods?

(2) The I-Card interface currently has an isMatch method.
Philosophically, this means that the I-Card needs to be aware of Policy
semantics.  Of course, there will have to be some component which knows
about both I-Cards and Policies.  I would like to argue against this
being the I-Card.  While there are many alternatives, does anyone have
strong feelings about putting it into the I-Card?