RE: [higgins-dev] Should IdASRegisty be a singleton?

Jim, as noted here, in our discussions we decided to leave it as is and not make it a singleton. But only because we didn’t feel we had to make that call just yet. More just trying not to cut off possibilities than anything else.

-Paul

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:33 PM
To: higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [higgins-dev] Should IdASRegisty be a singleton?

I don't recall whether this was discussed.  I guess I expected it would be so was a slightly surprised to see it's not.  I guess it begs for use cases.

I could see where it would be good for an application server environment like Websphere/JBoss or even within an Eclipse application.  One could register/configure their context providers at the application framework level so specific IdAS consumers could take advantage of that.

Conversely, in the same environments, some IdAS consumers may wish to use their own IdASRegistry instances.  Or maybe they'd even want to clone the existing one and simply re-order the registered factories.

Jim

Back to the top