[higgins-dev] Re: Bandit-free sample IdAS consumer code

You're passing a string (prop) to registerContextFactory, rather than an IContextFactory (line 55). I suppose we could add that to the API, but it's currently not there. You need to create an object first with newInstance().

You could make this happen automatically when the IdASRegistry is created by: (1) creating a Provider class, (2) setting the "ContextFactory.FOO" property to the class name, and (3) adding the provider class name to the java.security file. See the JUnit test code for an example of a Provider class. (In the tests, the provider is add dynamically via Security.addProvider, rather than via the file.)

The "FOO" is the "algorithm" name for the factory. Right now, this is meaningless, but it is used to distinguish between different context factory classes. It can be anything you want, as long as it's different for each ContextFactory listed in a given Provider. Maybe later we can standardize on some labels and their meanings.

Registering the contextRef looks fine to me.

...Greg

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
<resending again, and cc'ing people who might care. I don't know why these fail to hit the list> <resent -- sorry if this is a duplicate> Attached. Greg, I used the IdASRegistry in a way that I'm sure is not at all intended because effectively all I did was put stuff into a bag and take it back out (see lines 53 through 72). Can you give us a brief overview or sample of how it's intended to be used (it would be nice if there was an integration with some Tomcat security provider, but we couldn't figure out what to do there) I'll start seeing how this should fit into the STS code next (now that it's completely Bandit free) Jim

Back to the top