[higgins-dev] [IdAS] registry factoring

I'm trying to decide on the best way to separate the Eclipse functionality (searching for ContextFactory plugins) from the standard Java functionality (searching the Security.getProviders() list). My current code does both, and therefore has Eclipse dependencies. But I'm not sure how the non-Eclipse build is going to be structured.

Should I create plugin and non-plugin versions of IdASRegistry? The plugin version would (of course) search for factory plugins, while the non-plugin version wouldn't. (And the plugin version would be in its own project to simplify the build.)

...Greg

PS. I'm very sorry about the holdup on committing the registry code. We're working on it.

Back to the top