Re: [higgins-dev] FW: More changes to higgins.owl (in v1.10)

I think we also need a comparator that will apply to OWL inferences.  For example, in our LDAP ontology, a Digital Subject may be an "organizationalPerson" which is a subclass of "person".  A plain EQ comparator for Digital Subjects that are "person" I assume would fail any "organizationalPerson" without a comparator that allows inferences to be considered as well.  I think both semantics are desirable.

Tom

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/19/2006 8:40 PM >>>
>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/19/06 8:05 PM >>>
<snip>
>Finally, remove IFilterRelationshipAssertion and BasicFilterRelationshipAssertion.

note that we'd want to add a comparator like COMP_PROP_REL_IMPLIED_EQ to property or maybe just attribute assertions. This comparator is documented like this:
 /**
  * This Comparator is used for assertions of type SubjectRelationship (and sub-types).
  * Compares true when a tested Digital Subject has the asserted relationship (of the asserted type)
  * whether that relationship is implied or explicit.<p>
  * For example, if the assertion specified a type of "urn:parentOf" and reference of
  * {"someContext", "urn:Mary"} it could result in a match because either:<br>
  * A subject has a relationship attribute of type "urn:parentOf" and reference of
  * {"someContext", "urn:Mary"), or<br>
  * A subject is referenced by the subject "urn:Mary" in the context "someContext"
  * where the referencing relationship attribute is of type "urn:childOf"
  * (assuming the model backing the context provides the proper inferences between
  * parentOf and childOf)<p>
  */
Wording is still a little rough, but hopefully conveys the idea

Back to the top