RE: [higgins-dev] Nomination of Tom Doman as Higgins committer

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Trevithick
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 4:13 PM
To: 'Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions'
Subject: [higgins-dev] Nomination of Tom Doman as Higgins committer

I nominate Tom Doman be added to the Higgins project as a committer.

Tom has been working actively on the development of an LDAP IdAS Context
Provider for the past few months. He has contributed significantly to
the
design of IdAS itself as he worked to ensure it can support the
requirements
of an LDAP provider.

Tom graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Computer Science from
Brigham
Young University. He has worked on identity-related systems and services
for
over 13 years. He worked on Novell's e-mail product, GroupWise, for 5
years
providing cross-platform back-end services responsible for routing,
updating, and maintaining e-mail databases. Tom then worked on Novell's
directory product, eDirectory for another 5 years providing
cross-platform
back-end directory services. Tom was issued a patent for enhancements to
the
replication system. Tom has spent the last 3 years or so working on
identity-related systems such as virtual directory services and systems
designed to abstract sources of identity data. This led to his
involvement
in the Bandit project and subsequently, the Higgins project.

Higgins Committers please respond to this email with either:  +1 (yes)
-1
(veto), or 0 (abstain) or request for more information.  The voting
period
is one week. If I don't hear from a given committer within that time,
I'll
assume a vote of 0.  If I receive at least three positive votes with no
negative votes the addition will likely be approved and I'll start the
rest
of the process described here
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/newcommitter.php.

My vote: +1