[higgins-dev] dereferencing subjectRefs in queries

Paul asked about this here, and Duane asked about it again today on #higgins:
(1:24:23 PM) Duane: what about a filter on relationships of a particular type related to a digital subject with attribute xyz==fred
(1:25:17 PM) Jimse: that's a request for the filter to be able to dereference stuff and continue applying parts of the filter upon the dereferences thing
(1:25:25 PM) Jimse: Paul brought this up a few days back on the list
(1:25:30 PM) Jimse: I quickly ran away
(1:25:45 PM) Jimse: can this be done with SPARQL?
Do we want/need the filter to allow one to cause references to other subjects to be dereferened and have members of the dereferenced subject tested?

I know at least the LDAP provider cannot do this (LDAP doesn't have the capability -- except in one specialized case where the subject being tested is an alias).  Does SPARQL allow for this?

Jim

Back to the top