[higgins-dev] RE: [osis-general] Draft Response to OSP - proposed additional third point in end section

This change and the other proposed changes that I emailed the lists about on Friday have also been made to the Higgins wiki.

-----Original Message-----
From: osis-general-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:osis-general-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joaquin Miller
Sent:
Friday, October 06, 2006 4:53 PM
To: OSIS
Subject: Re: [osis-general] Draft Response to OSP - proposed additional third point in end section

Mary Ruddy wrote:

Based on feedback from Chuck Mortimore that much of the progress ... has been achieved through tinkering and network sniffing ...

We might consider adding, to the list of what we intend to do, an item that mentions that we intend to tinker and sniff.

We have received reassurance from one player regarding patents, from none regarding trade secrets.

If we come up with an idea which is the same as someone's trade secret, we have no problem.

But if we discover the idea by tinkering and network sniffing, it is possible that someone might feel we have violated a software license we clicked past.

Adding the above item to the list will further our projects in that way.

Back to the top