Re: [higgins-dev] Updated example ontologies

Thanks Paul.  What you've done in your Person example is different from what Jim and I came up with.  I like your approach better.  I never felt completely comfortable with going down to the value level in our definitions.  We may define new attributes and values for complex types in the future but, for what we have now (all essentially simple types), I like your approach.  I'm going to modify my generator accordingly.

Yesterday, we were looking at both approaches and considering what our instance data would look like under our approach and what SPARQL queries would look like.  All of the stuff we've looked at so far on SPARQL has simple examples.  I think that both of the ways we've structured our OWL would yield a two level deep reference to the element we want that I haven't seen a SPARQL example for yet.

Could you give us an example SPARQL query for your example instance where we select all instances where "homePhone" == "555-1212"?  My main purpose right now is to look at how to convert SPARQL queries into LDAP filters.

-Tom

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/29/2006 6:30 PM >>>
Now we have two up-to-date example ontologies based on higgins.owl (not
including Tom&Jim's work):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Idas_Data_Model#Higgins.owl_and_Examples

Back to the top