[higgins-dev] Proposed IdAS Schema API

Hi All,

Since we are going to define IdAS compilant context's schemas in OWL
DL format based on Higgins ontology model it may be complicated to
retrieve and interpret schema's information but I believe that this
will be necessary to work with the IdAS API efficiently and I think
that we at least have to start a discussion on this subject.

I think that we have to define some simple API which will allow both
IdAS context providers itself and IdAS consumers to query IdAS
context's schemas at runtime. For example context providers could use
this API to validate context and its subjects while IdAS consumers
could use this API to create an editor application for IdAS contexts.

I was thinking of the problem on and off and now I'd like to propose
such simple API as a start point for the discussion on this subject.
Please take a look on attached javadoc of IdAS API which includes IdAS
Schema API (see org.eclipse.higgins.idas.schema package).

Proposed IdAS Schema API is just preliminary but I believe it is a
good enough start point for discussion on this subject so any
questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.

---
Valery Kokhan