[higgins-dev] Entity reference issues: &

All,

I've been trying to figure out how to get DOM4j to leave my entity references alone when it writes out my OWL document to a String.  So far, I haven't been successful.  I thought I may need to get my internal entity declarations set up correctly with so the DOCTYPE block would have the proper !ENTITY statements in it but that made no difference at all in the expansion of my "&xsd;string" to "&xsd;string".  I've noticed, however, that if I bring my document up in a standard XML viewer (such as Firefox), it views correctly as "&xsd;string" even though the page source has "&xsd;string".

I've done quite a bit of googling on this and could only find places where people were complaining that the their "&" were NOT getting encoded to "&", not the other way around.  So, my gut feel is, this is valid XML and the OWL editors should handle it.  However, I'd be happy to be proven wrong and get this baby resolved.  Anyone?

Tom Doman
Novell Inc.

FWIW, attached is the latest generated LDAP ontology complete with internal entity declarations in case that makes a difference.