Re: [higgins-dev] Change to IDigitalSubject

So, I committed the changes below with a very minor exception (BasicSimpleValue and BasicComplexValue are called AbstractSimpleValue and AbstractComplexValue).

I had originally planned to start writing unit tests at this point, but I'm going to hold off on that for a few days in case there is further refactoring work that needs to take place.

Instead, I'm going to work toward making it easy to download and deploy the Novell IdAS providers that Tom has been working on.

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/20/06 3:18 PM >>>
I started from scratch. The results may be seen at http://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/HigginsIDASJavadoc/

IDigitalSubject now is just like it used to be in the sense that it doesn't derive from any interfaces meant to be used on their own (it does extend IHasRelationships, IHasMetadata, and IHasAttributes). It again is the only thing that has a "name" (and that has been reset back to uniqueIdentifier as it was originally).

There is an interface caled IPropertyValue (this is actually a week or so old).  It has two sub-interfaces: ISimpleValue, and IComplexValue. IComplexValue has attributes so it also extends IHasAttributes.

As far as basic impl's go, there is a BasicSimpleValue, BasicComplexValue, and one extension of BasicSimpleValue for each simple XML datatype used in OWL.

(re)starting from there, what should we do to clarify/improve things?

Jim

Back to the top