Re: [higgins-dev] Change to IDigitalSubject

So how about making IDigitalSubject a sub-interface of IResource? I don't see the need for another interface type that has no other uses, and IResource doesn't add anything to IEntity anyway, except for also implementing IHasMetadata.

...Greg

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
Oops, we were talking about it on the #higgins chat channel, and I forgot it wasn't discussed here. Well, not much of a debate. I added IResource and ILiteral interfaces sometime back (for attribute value types). Today I finally got around to fleshing out IResource and noticed for the second time that it's almost exactly like IDigitalSubject (just doesn't have a Context). So rather that duplicating the APIs having to do with attributes, name, and type, I proposed a super-interface for that. We debated between IObject and IEntity. I'm open to other names or solutions if they're better. Jim

>>> Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> 9/19/06 6:32 PM >>>

So I missed this debate -- what's the reason for the change to IEntity?

...Greg