RE: [higgins-dev] ExampleContextOntology

ah, ok.

Well, does anyone have any suggestions on an object model for attribute values?

I understand how we could build our own set of classes which represent some simple types. I haven't thought about what would be involved when the value is an object property.

Jim

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/23/06 4:37 PM >>>
The OWL Guide states that "datatype properties may range over RDF literals or simple types defined in accordance with XML Schema datatypes."  in Section 3.2.2.

Tom

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/23/2006 3:11 PM >>>
>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 8/22/06 8:21 PM >>>
<snip>
# I see what you're after, but OWL Datatype Properties can only be simple XMLS datatypes or strings.

In the OWL Language Guide, it says that datatype properties are relations between class instances and RDF literals and XML Schema datatypes. I took "XML Schema datatypes" as being anything that can be described in XML Schema. Maybe I need to look at the reference.