Jim wrote:

I suppose there are tools one would use to present some kind of canonical view of the schema?  I'm just wondering how difficult things are going to be for IdAS consumers when they just want to get a list of available classes and attributes for those classes.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 8/21/06 8:29 PM >>>

The two samples are semantically equivalent, though the w3 sample's approach is much clearer. I need to go back and clean up the examples.

-Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 4:22 PM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: [higgins-dev] owl format

Another dead thread from the chat channel:

(14:05:41) Jimse: Anyone know why Paul's example OWL (jim.owl) uses an rdf:Description element to describe the ontology as opposed to an owl:Ontology element?
(14:05:41)
Jimse: Compare http://spwiki.editme.com/files/ExampleContextOntology/jim.owl to http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/wine.rdf
(14:06:23)
domanator: was you talking to me? cuz it sounds like you was talking to me!
(14:07:02)
Jimse: talking to the great higgins pumpkin
(14:07:55)
Jimse: actually, the two samples differ in similar ways throughout
(14:10:54)
Jimse: I like the example at w3.org better. I assume one needs a fairly robust parser if the two are both valid ways of doing the same thing.
(14:12:33)
domanator: yeah, ...

(14:12:41) Duane: I too prefer the w3 example

(14:20:57)
Jimse: mostly, I'm just wondering how many representations a consumer of IdAS schema will need to be aware of.

Back to the top