RE: [higgins-dev] owl format

The two samples are semantically equivalent, though the w3 sample’s approach is much clearer. I need to go back and clean up the examples.

-Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Sermersheim
Sent:
Monday, August 21, 2006 4:22 PM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Subject: [higgins-dev] owl format

Another dead thread from the chat channel:

(14:05:41) Jimse: Anyone know why Paul's example OWL (jim.owl) uses an rdf:Description element to describe the ontology as opposed to an owl:Ontology element?
(
14:05:41) Jimse: Compare http://spwiki.editme.com/files/ExampleContextOntology/jim.owl to http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-guide-20040210/wine.rdf
(
14:06:23) domanator: was you talking to me? cuz it sounds like you was talking to me!
(
14:07:02) Jimse: talking to the great higgins pumpkin
(
14:07:55) Jimse: actually, the two samples differ in similar ways throughout
(
14:10:54) Jimse: I like the example at w3.org better. I assume one needs a fairly robust parser if the two are both valid ways of doing the same thing.
(
14:12:33) domanator: yeah, ...

(14:12:41) Duane: I too prefer the w3 example

(
14:20:57) Jimse: mostly, I'm just wondering how many representations a consumer of IdAS schema will need to be aware of.

Back to the top